Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Contour Line (4)

Contour drawings are used to follow edges of forms and describe their outlines.


This is a contour line drawing. All of the lines describe shapes and the beginning and ending of each of the shapes. It shows absolute accuracy within the composition.


This contour line drawing depicts the beginning and end of each form along with giving it shape. The lines describe where the ridges of the glasses are along with some of the decorative details.


This hand form is a contour line drawing unlike the earlier hand in the Line as Shape post. In this hand, there are many details as to where the wrinkles are along with veins and fingernails. There still is not any shading or color to give the composition more detail.

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on my contour lines this month and I have the abstract down really well. The perspective is so elusive. I found your picture above which I love and want to thank you for sharing it on line. It gives me a good idea on what I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete